Sunday’s are about church and family. Yesterday after church we went to my Grandma’s house. Almost all of the family was there. It was nice to just spend the day with them. We had pot luck dinner and then Grandpa had a few games for the kids to play. Daxton was off playing with the kids, which is nice for me because then I can visit with my family. While Daxton was playing he stubbed his toe on a rock. It was right before I went to take this picture. He cried and cried…mostly because of all the blood. When my mother and I were trying to dress the injury Daxton kept on saying, “I want my Grandpa.” It kind of bugged me because when kids get hurt aren’t they suppose to want there mommy’s? He kind of thinks his Grandpa is a rescuer, just because he is on the ski patrol and he helps people. So I will just brush that one off. On a side note, my cousin Mindi and her husband Nick just moved home from Texas where they have been all summer selling security systems. I am glad to have them back. And Uncle Tom is doing ok, I think he might have over done it yesterday; but it was good to see him up and moving.
Ryan, Abbie, Kalie and Hunter...
and no Daxton, due to injury 2 seconds before picture
5 comments:
I'm sure he wanted his mommy too! He loves you :)
I know- sometimes you just want you little one to want you and he doesn't and other times you just want a little break for like 2 seconds and you get one! But in the end- you love them and totally cherish the times when they are sweet and snuggly!
I feel bad we missed out yesterday and Saturday at Brigham pool. All Aubrey wants to do is swim. I wish I could say I understand about Daxton wanting his grandpa, but Aubrey doesn't seem to want anyone but her mother. Don't get me wrong, I love it, but sometimes it would be nice if she'd even want her Dad over me - just sometimes. I hope we get to see you soon, like at Aubrey's birthday party in a week!
I couldn't agree more...why the heck can't I be with my family on Sunday when that's how it 'should be?' I'm super homesick right now and I miss you like crazy. Dave says I need to cut the umbilical cord and enjoy our two person family here in AZ, but it's not the same...
Hey, I havn't seen your blog yet. freaking sweet! know where all on board. Except the ol' parents. Good writing.
Post a Comment