Thursday, September 25, 2008

Decor and a 4 year old 9-23-8

So, it's time to decorate for Halloween. Not because I love the holiday or anything, but because Daxton is a kid and every kid should get to decorate for holidays even if the parents hate it.

I invited my mom to come over and watch us decorate. First I knew that it was going to be difficult for me because I like things my way. And second he is only 4 and creative and likes things his way.



We went to All A Dollar for lunch and picked up some decorations. Not much, just enough to make it fun for Daxton. I got an idea that I wanted to wrap this banner around my door. It would have taken me 5 minutes to do it if I hadn’t had help but I had the help of Daxton.


It was so fun, Daxton was trying to get the banner to hang down all of the stairs, along the walls, basically it was everywhere but around the door. Finally my mom distracted him with taking his picture for two second so that I could get it up. He

was so excited that he just about killed me with his excitement and energy.

What should have taken 5 minutes ended up taking about 20 minutes. But hopefully he will have some fun memories of helping his mom decorate for the holidays!
















6 comments:

Brandi Hyer said...

I just want everyone to know that I spend too much time trying to get this perfect and finally after two hours...I said, fine!

Anonymous said...

haha you are a nerd. Love the decor!

Saunders Family said...

I am totally impressed.

ShaeMarie and Ryan said...

You are such a cute mom! I am sure that Daxton will have so many fun memories with his cute little mommy!

nickandmindi said...

So cute! You are such a good mom!!! I love the decorations! Daxton is such a good helper! Love ya!!

Devyn & Rylee said...

I love it! Great Job on the decor! What would we do without our little helpers?